Sunday, October 18, 2020

Corona Virus Scrap Vomit Quilt - 100 days, 100 block challenge

  I've been participating in Gnome Angel's 100 days, 100 blocks challenge.  I made this last year in a controlled palette of blue, white, and sneaks of color.  This year I'm going full out with scraps and color.

I have only one rule.  Every piece in the block must be a different color.  I'm attempting to use only scraps for this.  Sometimes when it makes 2 half-square triangles I reuse them, but not always.  It's going to be a riot of color.


Since I started this during the all the quarantines and shutdowns, I'm calling this one my corona virus scrap vomit. 


I backed this one in my hard-to-use fabrics, you know the ones - with so many colors they end up matching nothing. Binding was a mismatch of scrap fabrics and the remnant bindings of previous projects.  


Quilting was my new go-to stitch, a zigzag about 1-2 inches apart.  It takes some time, but it's totally worth it for the amazing texture.  

I absolutely love how this one turned out, and it will always remind me of the days we were all stuck in the house together.

I also can't get over how different it is from the one I did last year - a more controlled color palette that was mostly blue and white - a detail is below.



No comments: