Sunday, December 6, 2020

Decorating for the Holidays - 2020

 It's finally the season to break out all the special holiday décor!  This year, with all that's going on, it seems even more special to be able to decorate for Christmas.  I'm looking forward to sitting around in the glow of the lights and celebrating with family.  For sure, this year will be a bit different, but it's still a great excuse to cozy up the house.

As I was decorating, I took some pictures of the handmade items I have.  Some I've made, some I've received as gifts, but they are all very specials.  I hope you enjoy your decorations as much as I enjoy mine.  If you're in the market for some new items I hope you have the opportunity to support some small businesses.  Etsy is a good place to start, especially with craft fairs mostly being canceled this year.  

Here's what I'm enjoying this year.

Quilt

I used this quilt-along and made this around 2010-2011.  It's still a very loved quilt, maybe because it only comes out once a year?

Pillows

Most of these are made from leftover project scraps, but the Olive the Ostrich pillow panel is from Laurie Wisbrun, purchased around 2011!

Stockings

I made these from this tutorial, I like the traditional stocking shape of it, and all the possible customizations.


Potholder

I got this in a swap back when I belonged to the local MGQ.  He brightens up the kitchen without going overboard!

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season!!

No comments: