Sunday, February 12, 2012
I finished my first project for curves class. These are "basic" curves, which scares me a bit, I know this isn't as good as it could have been.
But, I got loads of practice sewing curves. I did have the same issues some others did, where at the stem, it didn't catch the bottom layer. But, I tacked it down and moved on, and you can't tell when the pillow's done!
I didn't read the instructions quite right, and I should have had another row. I did add some quilting to the negative space to give it a little something, and of course it ended up a bit small. I did an envelope closure, since I didn't want to fight with a zipper today. I used a 14" pillow form, the 16 looked like it might actually split the seam.
But, it inspired me to update all the pillows in the living room. So that just added a bit to my to-do list.