Sunday, January 24, 2021

Hexagon Millefiori Quilt Top

Back in 2017, it was too much work to get the sewing machine out every night to sew something, so I started a hand sewing project.  This was just going to be for when we watched TV, for travel, and for waiting rooms.  

Of course, 2020 happened, and it became so much more.  It was calming.  It was something I could control.  It was productive.  I could sew and watch the news.  I could sew and visit with people six feet away.  I could sew and relax for a moment.

And before I knew it, the quilt top was done.  I'm working out how I want to attach a border.  Then I think this one needs to be sent to a long-arm for quilting.  So, maybe in another 3 years it will be done.  For now, it's on to the next hand sewing project - hopefully this one won't be as needed for long.

I used this book and the quilt-along here.  I bought my paper pieces here








No comments: