Monday, September 10, 2012

The project that never ended....

About three years ago...or more...my mother-in-law asked for a quilt for her bed.  They have traditional tastes, and she picked a few fabrics out of my stash so I could see her colors.  Burgundy, olive, and cream. 

A hectic work schedule, and I managed to get the top done.  It sat for about a year, while I tried to figure out how to quilt it.  It was huge!  And I was too cheap to send it out.  So, I crammed that thing through my machine.  Straight line stitching only.  And very wide apart.  

Last July, I gave it to her, and she loved it.

And then I forgot to take a picture.

So, this last month, we were back to visit....and I finally remembered to photograph the quilt.

After a journey of about three years, here's the quilt.  They love it, and use it everyday, so I'm happy!





No comments: