Thursday, March 8, 2012

Curves Class Week 3

I chose the scallop quilt for my third curves project.  I like this quilt top, but I'm stuck on how to quilt it, and what to do with it.  I had planned to hang it in my dining room, but even with scaling it down, I think it's too big.  I suppose I could cut it, but I put all that work into it....

Anyway, here it is.  Kona solids, can't remember what they are, I really wish they'd label the selvages.  I could compare to the color card, but honestly, I'm too lazy.  I think it's Chocolate, Ocean, Light Brown, and Bone - from left to right.  But, I can't be sure.


The bone to light brown I attempted improv pieceing, and it did not go well at all.  I'm stretching the fabrics way too much.  It all worked out when cut, but the remaining rows I pinned.  All in all, it went together pretty easy, and I think it look way more complicated than it is.  I'll probably try to make another one sometime.

1 comment:

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Yes, I agree - it probably does look way more complicated than it is to most. Glad you had success. And, I share your pain over how to quilt it. I'm still waiting for that moment of inspiration to strike!